Man dies in A35 crash near Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Councillor speaks out after latest Raymond’s Hill accident.
A man died in Friday’s crash on the A35. near Raymond’s Hill, Axminster, police have confirmed.
The accident happened at around 2.15 pm and involved a VW Polo and a HGV lorry.
Fire appliances from Axminster, Charmouth and Lyme Regis attended the scene along with the heavy rescue vehicle from Middlemoor.
On arrival crews confirmed that the collision involved a car and a lorry. Police and ambulance also attended and the road was closed for some time. It is understood the victim was declared dead at the scene by medics.
You may also want to watch:
Recently appointed Raymond’s Hill ward councillor, Joy Raymond, a leading campaigner for road safety improvements in the area told The Herald: “I am horrified that there is yet another tragic incident on this stretch of the A35. First and foremost I send my condolences to the family.
“I was in touch with the local MP immediately so that he is aware of this latest terrible happening and for him to please pressure Highways England to hasten their implementation of proposed safety measures along this particular stretch. Rest assured I will continue to be a fervent safety campaigner for this road.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding