Man dies in A35 crash near Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Councillor speaks out after latest Raymond’s Hill accident.
A man died in Friday’s crash on the A35. near Raymond’s Hill, Axminster, police have confirmed.
The accident happened at around 2.15 pm and involved a VW Polo and a HGV lorry.
Fire appliances from Axminster, Charmouth and Lyme Regis attended the scene along with the heavy rescue vehicle from Middlemoor.
On arrival crews confirmed that the collision involved a car and a lorry. Police and ambulance also attended and the road was closed for some time. It is understood the victim was declared dead at the scene by medics.
You may also want to watch:
Recently appointed Raymond’s Hill ward councillor, Joy Raymond, a leading campaigner for road safety improvements in the area told The Herald: “I am horrified that there is yet another tragic incident on this stretch of the A35. First and foremost I send my condolences to the family.
“I was in touch with the local MP immediately so that he is aware of this latest terrible happening and for him to please pressure Highways England to hasten their implementation of proposed safety measures along this particular stretch. Rest assured I will continue to be a fervent safety campaigner for this road.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts