Man dies in hospital after A30 crash
Two vehicles involved in collision near Rawridge.
A MAN has died in hospital following a two-vehicle collision on the A30.
The man, who has not been named, was the driver of a Vauxhall Astra that was involved in a collision with a Peugeot, near Rawridge, on Tuesday lunchtime.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 1.33pm, following reports that an elderly man was trapped in wreckage.
Firefighters used hydraulic cutting equipment to free the man, who was conveyed to hospital by air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The A30 was closed while emergency services worked at the scene.
Police are urging anybody who witnessed the collision to contact them.
- 1 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 2 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 3 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 4 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 5 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 6 Time to remember work of the NHS - and a way you can help locally
- 7 Council takes pride in flag outside headquarters
- 8 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 9 Gallery initiatives invite us to talk about climate through outstanding art
- 10 Summer progress at Exeter City