Man dies in hospital after A30 crash
Two vehicles involved in collision near Rawridge.
A MAN has died in hospital following a two-vehicle collision on the A30.
The man, who has not been named, was the driver of a Vauxhall Astra that was involved in a collision with a Peugeot, near Rawridge, on Tuesday lunchtime.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 1.33pm, following reports that an elderly man was trapped in wreckage.
Firefighters used hydraulic cutting equipment to free the man, who was conveyed to hospital by air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The A30 was closed while emergency services worked at the scene.
Police are urging anybody who witnessed the collision to contact them.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Seaton Gateway opens after revamp
- 4 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 5 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 6 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 7 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 8 Pink and blue on the Honiton greens
- 9 Hundreds of bikers rev up to raise funds for life savers
- 10 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up