Man stabbed in Seaton
A MAN is in hospital after an alleged stabbing opposite the police station in Seaton. A police spokesman said the 24year-old from Honiton is in a stable condition following an incident in Queen Street, around 9.20pm. Town councillor Mark Fisher was passin
A MAN is in hospital after an alleged stabbing opposite the police station in Seaton.
A police spokesman said the 24year-old from Honiton is in a stable condition following an incident in Queen Street, around 9.20pm.
Town councillor Mark Fisher was passing by with his wife and children when he saw men arguing and scuffling - but had not thought it was serious. Ten minutes later he saw a police car.
He said: "The whole area was cordoned off."
You may also want to watch:
Resident Larry Garner is calling on more policing in the area at night.
He said: "There's hardly any police around on a Friday and Saturday, and if there's an incident police have to come from Honiton or surrounding area."
- 1 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 2 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 5 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 6 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 9 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision
- 10 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
Inspector Jim Gale said: "We were on the scene practically instantly. Resources in Seaton have rarely been as good as they are now.
"We have had operations lately for burglaries and a significant increase in police presence over the last three weeks. I'm very happy with how it was dealt with."
Police said a 45-year-old man from Seaton was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm (GBH) and for an alleged assault on a police officer while under arrest.
The alleged offender was later released on police bail to return to Heavitree Road police station in Exeter on June 11.
Police enquiries are continuing and anyone who witnessed the incident who has not already spoken to police is asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting police reference KT/09/272