Man treated after Seaton fire
- Credit: Archant
Manor Close property blaze started in a waste bin
A man had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a property in Seaton yesterday (Friday, February 8).
The blaze took place at Manor Close at around 4pm.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call from a careline reporting alarms sounding at the property.
Fire control immediately mobilised one appliance from Seaton to attend this incident.
You may also want to watch:
On arrival the incident commander promptly requested additional appliances due to smoke issuing from the property. The incident commander also requested the attendance of an ambulance for one male suffering from smoke inhalation.
Fire control mobilised fire appliances from Axminster, Lyme Regis, an aerial ladder platform from Danes Castle and a duty officer to attend this incident.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The incident commander tasked a breathing apparatus team to enter the property to locate the fire, the crew confirmed a small fire in a waste bin and removed the bin to the fresh air. The apartment was heavily smoke logged.
The crew used a positive pressure ventilation fan to remove the smoke from the property.
The incident commander confirmed this to be an accidental fire which caused 40 per cent fire damage to the waste bin and ten percent smoke damage to the property.