Marcus finds a new home
Appeal in the Midweek Herald prompted six people to offer unwanted greyhound a fresh start.
THANKS to Midweek Herald readers an unwanted greyhound has found a new home - and so have at least another three dogs.
Readers were touched by the plight of homeless Marucs.
The four-year-old retired greyhound was being left to fester in kennels, paid for by a charity, because potential owners were put off by his coat.
Marcus had developed bald patches while pining for a new home.
But, thanks to you, Marcus is now happy again.
The West of England branch of Greyhound Rescue said a new owner came forward the same day Marcus was featured in the Midweek Herald, on August 18.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Biggest game in history looms for Beer Albion
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 8 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 9 The Queen;s Jubilee celebrations in Ottery and Phyllis Baxter
- 10 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
“As a direct result of your article, we received a total of six home offers for Marcus, resulting in an additional three home offers for other dogs,” said a spokesperson for the charity.