Marcus finds a new home
Appeal in the Midweek Herald prompted six people to offer unwanted greyhound a fresh start.
THANKS to Midweek Herald readers an unwanted greyhound has found a new home - and so have at least another three dogs.
Readers were touched by the plight of homeless Marucs.
The four-year-old retired greyhound was being left to fester in kennels, paid for by a charity, because potential owners were put off by his coat.
Marcus had developed bald patches while pining for a new home.
You may also want to watch:
But, thanks to you, Marcus is now happy again.
The West of England branch of Greyhound Rescue said a new owner came forward the same day Marcus was featured in the Midweek Herald, on August 18.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
“As a direct result of your article, we received a total of six home offers for Marcus, resulting in an additional three home offers for other dogs,” said a spokesperson for the charity.