Marcus finds a new home
Appeal in the Midweek Herald prompted six people to offer unwanted greyhound a fresh start.
THANKS to Midweek Herald readers an unwanted greyhound has found a new home - and so have at least another three dogs.
Readers were touched by the plight of homeless Marucs.
The four-year-old retired greyhound was being left to fester in kennels, paid for by a charity, because potential owners were put off by his coat.
Marcus had developed bald patches while pining for a new home.
You may also want to watch:
But, thanks to you, Marcus is now happy again.
The West of England branch of Greyhound Rescue said a new owner came forward the same day Marcus was featured in the Midweek Herald, on August 18.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 4 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 5 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 6 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 7 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 8 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 9 Honiton u3a group tackles international art theft
- 10 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up
“As a direct result of your article, we received a total of six home offers for Marcus, resulting in an additional three home offers for other dogs,” said a spokesperson for the charity.