Marie Curie group launched in Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers set to raise money to help fund vital nursing service
Marie Curie Cancer Care has launched a new fundraising group in Axminster.
It has been set up to help meet the cost of the charity’s free nursing care for people with terminal illnesses.
They will be supporting Marie Curie’s major fundraising campaigns such as the Great Daffodil Appeal and Blooming Great Tea Party, as well as promoting other events within the local community and encouraging new supporters to help the cause.
Natalie Searle, Community Fundraiser at Marie Curie Cancer Care, said: “The new fundraising group in Axminster will make a huge difference locally by helping to raise the vital funds needed to support Marie Curie nurses.”
You may also want to watch:
Founder chairman of the new group is Sandy Sinclair, from Axminster, who joined because of the wonderful treatment his wife received from a Marie Curie nurse in her last days.
He later attended two Marie Curie conferences in London which impressed him with the size and organisation of the charity, and the amazing contribution it makes to research into cancer and palliative care, as well as providing the nurses in the local area.
- 1 Honiton councillor speaks out over racist graffiti on town pub
- 2 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 3 Friends of St Michael's delighted by community support
- 4 Honiton searching for a first win of the season
- 5 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 6 Tesco community fund helps initiative that reunites people
- 7 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 8 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 9 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 10 Devon and Exeter League Results
To join the local fundraising group or to find out more about it and other ways to support the charity, please call Natalie Searle on 01884 703535 or email email@example.com