Mario does it for Billie Butterfly Fund
Honiton families support Playdome event to help send four-year-old cancer victim to America for treatment
Families in Honiton have dug deep to support the Billie Butterfly Fund, which aims to raise �200,000 to send a four-year-old brain cancer victim to America for treatment.
More than �600 was raised at the Playdome on Heathpark in just two hours on Tuesday night.
Over 65 children enjoyed indoor soft play and a magic show by local entertainer George Blake.
Families also danced along with members of Honiton-based Fusion Carnival Club, who, fresh from completing the Guy Fawkes Carnivals circuit in Somerset, brought their Super Mario-themed Game On float to the event.
Mother-of-two Sarah Davey organised the fund-raiser. She said: “I have a child the same age as Billie and wanted to do something to help.
“With the support of other local mums and dads, we managed to collect just over �600 in two hours.
- 1 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 3 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 4 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 5 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 6 Police investigate assault at Axe Vale Show
- 7 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
- 8 Chilcotts youngest auctioneer to feature in BBC show
- 9 Neighbourhood plan launched for Broadclyst
- 10 East Devon pensioner given suspended jail for groping teenager
“Thanks must go to the generous support of local people and businesses. Playdome donated its facilities for free, meaning we were able to benefit from entry fees and staff even volunteered on the night, too.
“Cake sales and a raffle, which included a six feet meerkat call Marvin, also helped to bring in further funds.”
The Billie Butterfly Fund is raising money for Billie Bainbridge, of Exeter, who has an inoperable brain tumour and needs special treatment.
If you would like to donate or find out more about the Billie Butterfly Fund visit http://www.billiebutterflyfund.org