Massive veg steals the show
Fund-raisers use giant vegetables to help raise money for the homeless.
A fund-raiser from Pecorama with the help of some of her fellow colleagues raised more than �300 for charity.
Fran Vincent, with the help Kim Beviss and Lynn Grisedale, held a craft stall at Axmouth Flower Show and raised �295.50 for St Petroc’s in Exeter.
Her fellow colleagues made cakes, marmalades and craft items for the day.
She raffled off a Steiff bear, which was donated for the event, along with a hamper and patchwork bag.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a guess the weight of the giant onion competition, which weighed in at 3kg. This raised �25, which was donated to Axmouth Flower Show.
A giant cauliflower even took centre stage on the day.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon