Massive veg steals the show
Fund-raisers use giant vegetables to help raise money for the homeless.
A fund-raiser from Pecorama with the help of some of her fellow colleagues raised more than �300 for charity.
Fran Vincent, with the help Kim Beviss and Lynn Grisedale, held a craft stall at Axmouth Flower Show and raised �295.50 for St Petroc’s in Exeter.
Her fellow colleagues made cakes, marmalades and craft items for the day.
She raffled off a Steiff bear, which was donated for the event, along with a hamper and patchwork bag.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a guess the weight of the giant onion competition, which weighed in at 3kg. This raised �25, which was donated to Axmouth Flower Show.
A giant cauliflower even took centre stage on the day.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Local Football Results
- 7 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 8 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'