Mayor ‘devastated’ over closure of Honiton Toy Shop
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Honiton has told the Herald he is devastated over the announced closure of the town’s popular toy shop.
Councillor Henry Brown said he has fond memories of visiting the shop as a youngster, and said for many the store is a ‘tourist attraction in itself’.
Cllr Brown added: “Honiton Toy Shop has been a feature of this town for decades.
“I certainly remember going in there to buy Pokémon cards before the turn of the last Millennium when it was still separated into two rooms.
“I am absolutely devastated to learn that they are closing their doors due to consumers moving away from the high street and online instead. Our commerce is in real trouble.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to personally thank Pam and her late husband Andy for providing a place which filled my childhood with fond memories.
“I’m sure I speak for everyone from my generation when I say that it’s going to live on through our memories for years.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone