Medics plan to ‘carry on up the Axe’
River paddle will raise money for Seaton Community Hospital
OOH Matron – there’s a right medical carry on being planned on the River Axe.
Doctors and nurses will be taking part in a canoe challenge to raise money for Seaton Community Hospital.
The “carry on up the Axe” event is being organised by the League of Friends and will take place on Saturday, September 22, setting off from Axmouth harbour.
Teams will consist of local doctors, health professionals and league volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Residents are invited along to support their favourites as they race to Colyford and back. It is hoped there will be a big turnout along the riverbank for their return to the harbour at around 12.30pm.
Refreshments will be available, along with other stalls, weather permitting.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Sponsorship forms for the race are available now at Seaton hospital, the local surgery and the league’s charity shop in Fore Street.
The event is being supported by Axe Vale Canoe Club which is not only providing all of the equipment and the use of its facilities, but also many of its members are volunteering their time to help with the event.
The day is also being led by the club’s very experienced qualified instructors.