Medics plan to ‘carry on up the Axe’
River paddle will raise money for Seaton Community Hospital
OOH Matron – there’s a right medical carry on being planned on the River Axe.
Doctors and nurses will be taking part in a canoe challenge to raise money for Seaton Community Hospital.
The “carry on up the Axe” event is being organised by the League of Friends and will take place on Saturday, September 22, setting off from Axmouth harbour.
Teams will consist of local doctors, health professionals and league volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Residents are invited along to support their favourites as they race to Colyford and back. It is hoped there will be a big turnout along the riverbank for their return to the harbour at around 12.30pm.
Refreshments will be available, along with other stalls, weather permitting.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 Local Football Results
- 8 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 9 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
Sponsorship forms for the race are available now at Seaton hospital, the local surgery and the league’s charity shop in Fore Street.
The event is being supported by Axe Vale Canoe Club which is not only providing all of the equipment and the use of its facilities, but also many of its members are volunteering their time to help with the event.
The day is also being led by the club’s very experienced qualified instructors.