Medival pottery find at Hemyock
Exeter Archaeology, Exeter City Council s archaeological field unit, recently dug up a vast hoard of 45,000 pieces of medieval pottery at Hemyock.
Exeter Archaeology, Exeter City Council's archaeological field unit, recently dug up a vast hoard of 45,000 pieces of medieval pottery at Hemyock.
The pieces are being scrubbed all next week between 9am and 5pm
outside the Custom House, The Quay, Exeter.
They will then be sorted to see if they can be reassembled.
You may also want to watch:
Various pot enthusiasts will be present.
Exeter Archaeology is looking for willing volunteers aged over 16 to join in.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 6 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 7 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 10 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
Contact John Allan by email (email@example.com) or by phone (01392 665918).