Medival pottery find at Hemyock
Exeter Archaeology, Exeter City Council s archaeological field unit, recently dug up a vast hoard of 45,000 pieces of medieval pottery at Hemyock.
Exeter Archaeology, Exeter City Council's archaeological field unit, recently dug up a vast hoard of 45,000 pieces of medieval pottery at Hemyock.
The pieces are being scrubbed all next week between 9am and 5pm
outside the Custom House, The Quay, Exeter.
They will then be sorted to see if they can be reassembled.
You may also want to watch:
Various pot enthusiasts will be present.
Exeter Archaeology is looking for willing volunteers aged over 16 to join in.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 3 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 4 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 5 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 6 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 7 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 8 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
Contact John Allan by email (email@example.com) or by phone (01392 665918).