Medival pottery find at Hemyock
Exeter Archaeology, Exeter City Council s archaeological field unit, recently dug up a vast hoard of 45,000 pieces of medieval pottery at Hemyock.
Exeter Archaeology, Exeter City Council's archaeological field unit, recently dug up a vast hoard of 45,000 pieces of medieval pottery at Hemyock.
The pieces are being scrubbed all next week between 9am and 5pm
outside the Custom House, The Quay, Exeter.
They will then be sorted to see if they can be reassembled.
You may also want to watch:
Various pot enthusiasts will be present.
Exeter Archaeology is looking for willing volunteers aged over 16 to join in.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
Contact John Allan by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (01392 665918).