Medival pottery find at Hemyock
Exeter Archaeology, Exeter City Council s archaeological field unit, recently dug up a vast hoard of 45,000 pieces of medieval pottery at Hemyock.
Exeter Archaeology, Exeter City Council's archaeological field unit, recently dug up a vast hoard of 45,000 pieces of medieval pottery at Hemyock.
The pieces are being scrubbed all next week between 9am and 5pm
outside the Custom House, The Quay, Exeter.
They will then be sorted to see if they can be reassembled.
Various pot enthusiasts will be present.
Exeter Archaeology is looking for willing volunteers aged over 16 to join in.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 7 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 8 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Vanity Fair play to be performed at the Beehive
Contact John Allan by email (email@example.com) or by phone (01392 665918).