Medival pottery find at Hemyock
Exeter Archaeology, Exeter City Council s archaeological field unit, recently dug up a vast hoard of 45,000 pieces of medieval pottery at Hemyock.
Exeter Archaeology, Exeter City Council's archaeological field unit, recently dug up a vast hoard of 45,000 pieces of medieval pottery at Hemyock.
The pieces are being scrubbed all next week between 9am and 5pm
outside the Custom House, The Quay, Exeter.
They will then be sorted to see if they can be reassembled.
You may also want to watch:
Various pot enthusiasts will be present.
Exeter Archaeology is looking for willing volunteers aged over 16 to join in.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Contact John Allan by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (01392 665918).