Spotlight on Red Arrows at Lyme U3A meeting
- Credit: Archant
Retired air traffic controller Phil Holt will present an illustrated tlak on the famous aerobatics team
Guest speaker at The Heritage Coast U3A’s annual general meeting will be retired air traffic controller Phil Holt who will talk about The Red Arrows.
The gathering takes place at Woodmead Halls, Lyme Regis, at 10am on Friday, November 9.
In his illustrated talk Phil will take his audience through the events that led to the creation of the exceptional team of Red Arrows pilots, before introducing the men and women in the famous red suits, who make precision their profession, teamwork their science and aerobatics their art form.
Phil will take along some official Red Arrows merchandise for sale.
You may also want to watch:
An Air Traffic Controller for almost 40 years, Phil served at seven locations including Heathrow. He was a reservist in the RAF, a flying instructor and involved in Maritime Air Region operations. He can count among his flying achievements parachute dropping and flying for the St John’s Ambulance air wing.
He continues as an active pilot and is a Flying Display Director, involved with the show circuit for over 30 years.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 6 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Entrance is free to U3A members, non-members are encouraged to make a £2 donation towards the talk. During the coffee break at around 10.30am, U3A members can book tickets for the Christmas Quiz on Friday, December 14.