Memories of Heathfield Army Camp, Honiton?
WERE you ever based at Heathfield Army Camp in Honiton, Devon? A weekend of events is being staged in the town in June, to coincide with Armed Forces Day.
WERE you ever based at Heathfield Army Camp in Honiton, Devon?
A weekend of events is being staged in the town in June, to coincide with Armed Forces Day.
The organisers, who have the support of Honiton Town Council, would like to extend a warm welcome to any former service personnel who have memories of being stationed in the town.
The Deputy Lord Lieutenant will take the salute during a parade and 24-hour vigil will be held at the town's war memorial, followed by a service in the parish church of St Paul.
You may also want to watch:
If you served at the camp and would like to know more, contact the Midweek Herald on (01392) 888488 and ask for editor Belinda Bennett.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 9 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help