Merfyn Temple helped form inter-faith group
It still meets monthly to pray for Baha’i leaders imprisoned in Iran.
Your article about the recent passing of the Reverend Merfyn Temple paid tribute to his wonderful life, especially his devotion to fairness and justice.
Nearly a year ago, he helped form a local inter-faith group which still meets monthly to pray for the seven Baha’i leaders imprisoned in Iran purely because of their belief.
It was his suggestion that the group send a message of support to the prisoners.
So members of the group wish to add their debt of gratitude to Merfyn’s outstanding life and offer their deep sympathy to his children and grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'