Midweek Herald beats the snow
THE Midweek Herald is being printed as normal today (Tuesday) after staff produced the paper from their homes.
Heavy snow overnight last Thursday and early yesterday left The Herald’s Exeter Airport newsroom deserted, with staff unable to get there.
However, production continued - thanks to technology that allowed editor Belinda Bennett to use her computer in Exeter via remote control from a laptop in Dorset.
Aided by sports editor Lee Glanville, who was in Ivybridge, the paper comfortably hit deadline.
Now staff hope road conditions will allow the paper to be delivered as normal.
The newsroom is operating normally on 07798716146 or email email@example.com
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 5 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 6 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 7 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire