Midweek Herald beats the snow
THE Midweek Herald is being printed as normal today (Tuesday) after staff produced the paper from their homes.
Heavy snow overnight last Thursday and early yesterday left The Herald’s Exeter Airport newsroom deserted, with staff unable to get there.
However, production continued - thanks to technology that allowed editor Belinda Bennett to use her computer in Exeter via remote control from a laptop in Dorset.
Aided by sports editor Lee Glanville, who was in Ivybridge, the paper comfortably hit deadline.
Now staff hope road conditions will allow the paper to be delivered as normal.
You may also want to watch:
The newsroom is operating normally on 07798716146 or email email@example.com
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis