Midweek Herald named Weekly Newspaper of the Year (Free)
Title crowned best free newspaper in the South West - from Wiltshire to Cornwall.
The Midweek Herald has this afternoon (Thursday) been named Weekly Newspaper of the Year (Free).
Reporter Katy Griffin is at the EDF Energy South West Media Awards in Bath, where the announcement was made just minutes ago.
The Herald was up against sister Archant title the Nailsea, Clevedon and Portishead Times.
It was the third time in five years that the Herald had been shortlisted for the title.
You may also want to watch:
The South West Media Awards cover Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents