Midweek Herald reporter’s big jump for day hospice appeal
- Credit: Archant
Midweek Herald reporter Katy Griffin will be joining fellow fundraisers to take part in Hospiscare’s skydiving day.
The event takes place on Sunday, September 21, and will see the 27-year-old jump out of a plane at 15,000 feet at Dunkeswell Airfield to boost funds for the charity’s East Devon Day Hospice Appeal.
The Midweek Herald joined forces with Hospiscare to support the appeal earlier this year. Since then, support has been growing and growing.
In the region of £150,000 has been raised towards the £250,000 needed to complete and run the new day hospice, which is being built in King Street, Honiton.
“I have been overwhelmed by the support of the local community who have sponsored me,” says Katy. “I am looking forward to the challenge of doing a tandem skydive. It is something I have never done before and the best part is I can raise money for the new day hospice that will serve the communities of East Devon.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to wish all the skydivers good luck on the day and encourage people to come along and support us all.”
Anyone who wishes to sponsor Katy can visit www.justgiving.com/Katy-Griffin/
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony