Midweek Herald sends reporter to Auschwitz
But it is all for a good cause... Katy Griffin is joining local students to find out how lessons from the past can help stop racism today.
FORMER Nazi death camps are not normal stomping grounds for news reporters at The Midweek Herald.
This week, however, we are sending reporter Katy Griffin to Auschwitz.
She is joining students from Honiton, Axminster and Exmouth as they visit Poland - to find out how the true horror of Hitler’s Final Solution can help stop racism today.
Katy has already spent time with the students, as they met holocaust survivor Zigi Shipper.
You may also want to watch:
Zigi’s story is featured in this week’s Midweek Herald.
Find out how Katy gets on in Poland, the guest of The Holocaust Educational Trust, next week.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public