Midweek Herald sends reporter to Auschwitz
But it is all for a good cause... Katy Griffin is joining local students to find out how lessons from the past can help stop racism today.
FORMER Nazi death camps are not normal stomping grounds for news reporters at The Midweek Herald.
This week, however, we are sending reporter Katy Griffin to Auschwitz.
She is joining students from Honiton, Axminster and Exmouth as they visit Poland - to find out how the true horror of Hitler’s Final Solution can help stop racism today.
Katy has already spent time with the students, as they met holocaust survivor Zigi Shipper.
You may also want to watch:
Zigi’s story is featured in this week’s Midweek Herald.
Find out how Katy gets on in Poland, the guest of The Holocaust Educational Trust, next week.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief