Midweek Herald turns pink
Change of masthead colour is a one-off - to support Cancer Research UK.
CANCER Research UK has chosen Honiton for a pilot scheme that will see selected market towns turn pink.
Business leaders are backing the Turn Honiton Pink campaign.
Margaret Lewis, secretary of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry, is to visit every business in the town centre to secure their support.
“Hopefully, everybody in the town will take part,” Mrs Lewis told a chamber meeting last week.
You may also want to watch:
Cancer Research UK is providing free posters, banners, balloons and a host of other promotional material free of charge to all participating outlets.
Turn Honiton Pink will take place on Saturday, October 16.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
Watch this space for further details.