Midweek Herald turns pink
Change of masthead colour is a one-off - to support Cancer Research UK.
CANCER Research UK has chosen Honiton for a pilot scheme that will see selected market towns turn pink.
Business leaders are backing the Turn Honiton Pink campaign.
Margaret Lewis, secretary of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry, is to visit every business in the town centre to secure their support.
“Hopefully, everybody in the town will take part,” Mrs Lewis told a chamber meeting last week.
Cancer Research UK is providing free posters, banners, balloons and a host of other promotional material free of charge to all participating outlets.
Turn Honiton Pink will take place on Saturday, October 16.
- 1 Cars targeted by arsonist in Honiton
- 2 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 3 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 4 Campsite bid for farm to boost business
- 5 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford
- 6 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 7 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 8 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 9 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Watch this space for further details.