Mike Bithrey: death being treated as murder
Man in his 80s arrested on suspicion of murder.
Police have confirmed the death of a man following an incident in Bridgwater is being treated as murder.
Honiton businessman Mike Bithrey died following an altercation with another man on Thursday morning in the Chilton Street area of the town at about 10.50am.
H was taken by air ambulance to Taunton’s Musgrove Park Hospital but he died later. A post mortem has confirmed the cause of death was a stab wound.
A man in his 80s was arrested on suspicion of murder and remains under police supervision. Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have information to help their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone able to help is asked to contact Taunton CID on the force number 101.
Call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track