Minor injuries unit to remain closed overnight
Closure will continue ‘while staffing issues are assessed’, says NHS.
The minor injuries unit (MIU) at Honiton Community Hospital is to remain closed overnight until January 31
It will operate from 7.30am to 11pm, while staffing issues are assessed.
The Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust’s director of operations, Kate Lyons, said: “It is essential that we provide an MIU service with appropriately skilled staff which is safe for patients and staff.
“Extending the night closure at the MIU is necessary while we further assess the situation and ensure that we have the right resources in place to provide safe, effective care to the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Only a small number of people are likely to be affected, according to the NHS. It says, the MIU typically sees between two and five people a week during the 11pm to 7.30am period.
Local people will still be able to access 24 hour medical cover via the out-of-hours GP service Devon Doctors, which can arrange to see patients at the community hospital if required, but by appointment only.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption