Missing Membury teenager’s farewell note
- Credit: Archant
Fifteen-year-old Colyton Grammar School student told parents he was ‘bored of life’
A Membury teenager who has been missing for 10 weeks left a note saying he was bored with life, it has been revealed.
Police have released a transcript of the letter that Colyton Grammar School student Arthur Heeler-Frood, 15, left for his parents before he disappeared.
In it he said: “I have run away because I am bored of my life.
“Please don’t try to find me or make me come home. I don’t know how long I will be away but it won’t be any longer than a year. You will find my school uniform in a bin bag in a small barn in a field on the green down road above Membury Church.
You may also want to watch:
“My bike is chained to the fence of Axminster play park.
“There is a spare key to the lock on my window sill.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
“Please could you apologise to Le Pisani and tell them that I will no longer be able to work at the restaurant.
“I know you will be upset but understand that I have to do this. From Arthur.”
Caroline and Jeremy Heeler-Frood have not seen their 15-year-old son since he left home to cycle to Colyton Grammar School on September 6.
Police are appealing specifically to anyone who may have employed Arthur, accommodated him, or who may have provided him with transport, to get in touch.
Superintendent Sam de Reya said: “We are appealing to business owners, likely to be restaurateurs, hoteliers and cafe owners who may have had a young man work for them in the last few months or anyone who may have provided accommodation to him in that time period.”
Arthur is 5ft 4in tall, of slight build with short, light brown hair.
If you have information, call 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting log 255 of 14th September.