Mobility scheme helps Mandy
- Credit: Archant
A woman has benefited from a Honiton-based mobility scheme.
Mandy Wood, 45, has serious osteoporosis and suffers from diabetes and asthma.
She was presented with a scooter from Carol Gilson, founder of the Joe Gilson Mobility Scheme.
Mandy, who lives in Exwick, said she was speechless to think that she got a scooter.
She said: “This will change my whole life. I will be able to go out with my whole family. It’s so wonderful that people like you [Carol] exist.”
You may also want to watch:
Carol is still desperate for more working scooters, electric wheelchairs and anything to do with mobility.
Those who can help can call her on 01404 43341 or email her on email@example.com
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West