Mobility scheme helps needy pair travel in comfort
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton mobility scheme has enhanced the life of two people.
The Joe Gilson Mobility Scheme, founded by Honiton woman Carol Gilson, provided vital aids to a man in Devizes and a woman in Bristol.
Carol said: “We have given an electric wheelchair to a young man in Devizes who has motor neurone disease. He said he couldn’t believe that someone cared enough to help.
“We also gave an electric scooter to a lady in Bristol who is an amputee. She was most grateful.”
The scooters were given on behalf of Jackie Allen.
You may also want to watch:
Carol is always looking for more mobility aids - especially scooters electric wheelchairs and manual wheelchairs.
Anyone who can help by donating the equipment to the scheme can call Carol on 01404 43341.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery