Mobility scooter appeal: Two scooters sourced
THE Midweek Herald would like to thank readers for their overwhelming generosity, following our recent appeal for a mobility scooter. We are pleased to report that not one, but two have been sourced.
THE Midweek Herald would like to thank readers for their overwhelming generosity, following our recent appeal for a mobility scooter.
We are pleased to report that not one, but two have been sourced.
Dave Hardy, of Honiton, was one of those to offer a scooter after reading our appeal.
The Herald, together with Carol Gilson, of Honiton, are now able to make two presentations to people in need - with a scooter to spare! (See next week's Herald.)
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Gilson came up with the mobility aid scheme in memory of her late husband, Joe.
Retired Methodist minister Merfyn Temple donated his scooter to the scheme when he moved into Honiton's Abbeyfield home.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 3 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 6 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 7 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
So many people applied for his scooter through the Herald that, in the end, we felt there were two deserving cases.
Thanks to readers, they will both get a scooter.