Mobility scooter appeal: Two scooters sourced
THE Midweek Herald would like to thank readers for their overwhelming generosity, following our recent appeal for a mobility scooter. We are pleased to report that not one, but two have been sourced.
THE Midweek Herald would like to thank readers for their overwhelming generosity, following our recent appeal for a mobility scooter.
We are pleased to report that not one, but two have been sourced.
Dave Hardy, of Honiton, was one of those to offer a scooter after reading our appeal.
The Herald, together with Carol Gilson, of Honiton, are now able to make two presentations to people in need - with a scooter to spare! (See next week's Herald.)
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Gilson came up with the mobility aid scheme in memory of her late husband, Joe.
Retired Methodist minister Merfyn Temple donated his scooter to the scheme when he moved into Honiton's Abbeyfield home.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 8 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 9 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 10 Axe Valley Runners in Exeter Quay race
So many people applied for his scooter through the Herald that, in the end, we felt there were two deserving cases.
Thanks to readers, they will both get a scooter.