Mobility scooter appeal: Two scooters sourced
THE Midweek Herald would like to thank readers for their overwhelming generosity, following our recent appeal for a mobility scooter. We are pleased to report that not one, but two have been sourced.
THE Midweek Herald would like to thank readers for their overwhelming generosity, following our recent appeal for a mobility scooter.
We are pleased to report that not one, but two have been sourced.
Dave Hardy, of Honiton, was one of those to offer a scooter after reading our appeal.
The Herald, together with Carol Gilson, of Honiton, are now able to make two presentations to people in need - with a scooter to spare! (See next week's Herald.)
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Gilson came up with the mobility aid scheme in memory of her late husband, Joe.
Retired Methodist minister Merfyn Temple donated his scooter to the scheme when he moved into Honiton's Abbeyfield home.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 3 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 8 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
So many people applied for his scooter through the Herald that, in the end, we felt there were two deserving cases.
Thanks to readers, they will both get a scooter.