Mobility scooter appeal: Two scooters sourced
THE Midweek Herald would like to thank readers for their overwhelming generosity, following our recent appeal for a mobility scooter. We are pleased to report that not one, but two have been sourced.
THE Midweek Herald would like to thank readers for their overwhelming generosity, following our recent appeal for a mobility scooter.
We are pleased to report that not one, but two have been sourced.
Dave Hardy, of Honiton, was one of those to offer a scooter after reading our appeal.
The Herald, together with Carol Gilson, of Honiton, are now able to make two presentations to people in need - with a scooter to spare! (See next week's Herald.)
Mrs Gilson came up with the mobility aid scheme in memory of her late husband, Joe.
Retired Methodist minister Merfyn Temple donated his scooter to the scheme when he moved into Honiton's Abbeyfield home.
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 3 Chard youngsters overcome fears and make memories at activity centre
- 4 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
- 5 Recycled toy shop's kind gesture to Ukrainian families
- 6 Talaton gardens re-opens for the summer
- 7 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 8 Biker killed in Devon crash named
- 9 Grantchester star and former Colyton Grammar student Tom Brittney goes ‘back to school’
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
So many people applied for his scooter through the Herald that, in the end, we felt there were two deserving cases.
Thanks to readers, they will both get a scooter.