Modern qualifications - what they mean
Business leaders given the low-down during breakfast briefing at academy.
Employers in Honiton have been given a comprehensive low-down on qualifications offered at the town’s community college.
Vice principal Andy Holt and director of finance Gary Wills delivered a breakfast briefing on the subject to members of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce last Wednesday.
The presentation outlined levels of qualifications, equivalences of BTEC qualifications and the meaning of OCR Nationals, from First Award through to National Certificate.
Employers said they found the current number of qualifications and levels confusing - all they really wanted to know is if a job candidate is literate and numerate.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Holt said the key guide was the level of qualifications a candidate had achieved - from Level 1, equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G, to Level 7, which represents those with post graduate qualifications.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track