Monday Monkeys mark a milestone
- Credit: Archant
Axminster mother and toddler group celebrates its tenth birthday
Axminster mother and toddler group the Monday Monkeys held a party to celebrate its tenth birthday last week.
Group leader Gaynor Goodhew paid tribute to everyone who has supported them over the past decade and said they had a great morning, with a craft session, to mark the occasion.
She said: “Monday Monkeys all started with a group of friends starting up a mother and toddler group up prior to the children starting pre-school.
“Over the years we have had other organisations come along to offer help and advise such as HALFF, health visitors and Devon County Council’s family learning team, to name a few
You may also want to watch:
“Although this is a voluntary/non-profit group, we are very grateful for the generosity of local charities, especially Axminster Care Service, which has provided help over the years.”
Monday Monkeys meets at Millwey Community Hall during term time from 9.15am to 11.30am every Monday, as its name suggests. The cost is £1.50 per family, with tea, coffee, fruit and toast also provided at no extra cost.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home