Christmas market boost for Seaton Hospiscare nurses
- Credit: Archant
Event organsied by Seaton and District Hospital League of Friends raises £1,350
A vital end-of-life nursing service received a £1,350 boost thanks to a Christmas market run by Seaton and District Hospital League of Friends.
The money raised at the event will all go to the Seaton Friends Hospiscare@Home service.
League manager Lycia Moore thanked all the volunteers for making the event such a success, not only on the day, but also for all the hours they put in behind the scenes throughout the year.
She added: “Thank you also to our local community who, over the last 12 months have donated such wonderful items to us, enablingus to put on such a splendid sale of Christmas decorations, toys, festive clothing and new gifts.
You may also want to watch:
“And thanks to all who braved the miserable weather and came along and supported our event - and all our customers, donors and volunteers for their fantastic support in 2018.”
The League’s charity shops will be having a break over the festive season, but will be back open on Wednesday, January 2.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions