Seaton and Colyton care home residents’ charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Doveleigh Care team completes a 1.5km route to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society
Care home residents from across the Axe Valley were amongst a group who took part in a fundraising memory walk recently.
The event, which took place at Plymouth, was held to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society.
The walkers included a group of 16 staff and residents from Doveleigh Care, which runs Dovecourt, in Seaton, and Doveridge in Colyton. Four of the elderly people took part in wheelchairs.
Together they completed the 1.5km route around Plymouth Hoe with staff and volunteers taking turns to push the wheelchairs to ensure everyone was able to get around.
You may also want to watch:
Staff and residents from Doveleigh Care’s Arcot House in Sidmouth also took part.
* Doveleigh Care Ltd employs two activities and interests coordinators to cover the needs of the three homes. They arrange activities varying from trips out in the Dove Bus, or in either of their smaller vehicles (Dove Bugs) to the seaside, gardens, theatre etc.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring