More affordable homes for Seaton
- Credit: Archant
Detailed plans submitted for a new housing development off Barnards Hill
Detailed plans have been submitted for 20 new homes in Seaton – a quarter of them ‘affordable’.
Baker Estates, a new house builder based in Devon, has put forward final designs for the high-quality houses and chalet bungalows, off Barnards Hill.
The site, located to the north of the town centre, already has outline planning permission for the housing development.
The proposals include a range of sensitively designed three- and four-bedroom semi-detached and detached houses and three-bedroom chalet bungalows.
You may also want to watch:
Also included in the plans are five much-needed affordable one-and two-bedroom homes, meeting East Devon District Council’s policy for the provision of affordable homes with new developments.
A spokesman for the firm said the homes have been sensitively designed to complement the existing surroundings, and communal spaces will be landscaped to create an attractive living environment.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
He continued: “The development is also well located for the A3052 and onward travel to nearby Lyme Regis and Sidmouth, approximately seven and nine miles away respectively.”
Baker Estates has been keen to engage the local community to understand its aspirations for the site, and the submitted proposals follow positive and extensive public consultation.
Subject to planning permission, the construction period is estimated to take 12 months, with a sales launch planned for summer 2017.
For more information, visit: www.bakerestatesltd.co.uk, or call 01626 241404.