More stress for us to cope with
With reference to the closure of The Bungalow in Honiton: We all know that the government has to make cuts in their budget in the health service. It is so totally unfair to take away such a needed service, especially for the people with dementia. Where h
With reference to the closure of The Bungalow in Honiton: We all know that the government has to make cuts in their budget in the health service.
It is so totally unfair to take away such a needed service, especially for the people with dementia. Where has the care gone?
The government wants people to live longer, but surely it comes at a price? Where is the dignity and respect of getting older?
We have become a statistic or a number to meet targets! It's all to do with money. Is this what life has been reduced to?
You may also want to watch:
The government obviously don't realise that we have an ageing population who need special care and attention. I note that word "strategy".
Why was The Bungalow allowed to be run down in the first place? How can Mr Rom say it is no longer fit for purpose?
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 4 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 5 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 6 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 7 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 8 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 9 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 10 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
How is this improving our environment? Perhaps I am missing something?
Why should the carers of people with dementia have to cope with any more stress in their lives caused by the closure of The Bungalow?
To Mr Rom, maybe, one day, you will appreciate such a service, or one of your family.
It is more important and worthwhile to everyone here in Honiton.
Please think of the needs of the people.
Mrs Y Jeeves