Movember celebrations in Honiton
All are invited to a special shave-off event in the town.
All are invited to come along to a special Movember shave-off celebration in Honiton.
The event, which is being organised by the town’s mayor, Councillor David Foster, takes place from 7pm on Friday (November 30) at the Turk’s Head Lodge.
There will be a competition on the night for the best moustache, where participants can battle it out to win the titles of best in show, most inventive moustache or weakest effort.
Trophies and certificates will be presented to the winners.
You may also want to watch:
Competitors will show off their ’taches by strutting their stuff on the catwalk, with scores being awarded by judges Alan Rowe MBE of Alan Rowe Barbering and Midweek Herald reporter Katy Griffin.
A third judge will be chosen on the night.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Councillor Foster said: “Anyone who has grown a moustache is welcome to come along and get involved – and those who haven’t can come along and watch.
“It will be a great, fun evening and there will be a raffle as well with fantastic prizes.
“It will be well worth coming along for a wonderful evening – all are welcome.”
Councillor Foster set up his own team, the Movember Lads, who have been busy growing their moustaches to raise money and awareness for prostate and testicular cancer.
The team is made up of town crier Dave Retter, Gary Elliot, Oliver Buss, Jasper Tirard, Shane Quick, Mark Steward, Mahler Fox, Dave Hall and Mark Spink.
The Turk’s Head Lodge, which is officially sponsoring the Movember Lads, have donated the hall for free for the event.
Officers from Honiton Police Station have also been getting into the spirit of Movember this month.