MP backs Honiton Wine Festival
Neil Parish to officially open inaugural event.
Local MP Neil Parish is to officially open the inaugural Honiton Wine Festival, it has been announced.
The event, billed as the first of its kind in Devon, will form part of Honiton’s annual Charter Day on Saturday, July 28.
Taking place in Allhallows Playing Field from 2pm to 9pm, the formal opening is scheduled for 3pm.
Backed by the English Wine Producers Association, the event has attracted keen interest from English wine makers and local producers.
It will also showcase the work of dozens of local artists.
Nigel Reeve, of Marketing West, is one of the event’s organisers.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
He has thanked Mr Parish for offering his support.
“We would like to thank Neil for supporting this event,” he said. “It’s our first year, but the local support has been fantastic. Add to this our backing for the English Wine Producers Associate and it all adds up to what should be a great event.”