MP backs Honiton Wine Festival
Neil Parish to officially open inaugural event.
Local MP Neil Parish is to officially open the inaugural Honiton Wine Festival, it has been announced.
The event, billed as the first of its kind in Devon, will form part of Honiton’s annual Charter Day on Saturday, July 28.
Taking place in Allhallows Playing Field from 2pm to 9pm, the formal opening is scheduled for 3pm.
Backed by the English Wine Producers Association, the event has attracted keen interest from English wine makers and local producers.
You may also want to watch:
It will also showcase the work of dozens of local artists.
Nigel Reeve, of Marketing West, is one of the event’s organisers.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
He has thanked Mr Parish for offering his support.
“We would like to thank Neil for supporting this event,” he said. “It’s our first year, but the local support has been fantastic. Add to this our backing for the English Wine Producers Associate and it all adds up to what should be a great event.”