Murder in Exeter Road
Man shot dead by drunk in Honiton.
One of the most shocking, but little known, crimes in Honiton’s history is revisited in this week’s Midweek Herald.
A night on the town in High Street left one man dead and another condemned.
Both were Americans and both were stationed in Honiton during the Second World War.
The murderer became the first American to be sentenced by a court martial to be executed by firing squad in the United Kingdom.
You may also want to watch:
Full story in this week’s Herald.
- 1 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 4 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal