Murder in Exeter Road
Man shot dead by drunk in Honiton.
One of the most shocking, but little known, crimes in Honiton’s history is revisited in this week’s Midweek Herald.
A night on the town in High Street left one man dead and another condemned.
Both were Americans and both were stationed in Honiton during the Second World War.
The murderer became the first American to be sentenced by a court martial to be executed by firing squad in the United Kingdom.
You may also want to watch:
Full story in this week’s Herald.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West