Musbury business man’s generous gift
The owner of Musbury Garage presented a cheque to Musbury Primary School after a successful fund-raising party.
A BUSINESS owner and former Musbury Primary School pupil presented a generous gift to a local primary school after celebrating a family milestone.
Julian Rinaldi, who owns Musbury Garage, presented a cheque for �220, to Musbury Primary School teacher Caroline Cole following fund-raising efforts during a birthday party at the garage and SPAR store.
The money was raised during a party to mark the 30th anniversary of the Rinaldi family buying the village business with funds donated to the school and NSPCC.
Julian, who also coached the school football team for 10 years, said: “We wanted to mark our family anniversary with an extravaganza as a thank you to the local community as well as raise funds for good causes at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
Frank and Barbara Rinaldi bought the site in April 1981 and their son Julian took over when the couple retired in 2008.
It originally opened as a garage in the 1930s under the ownership of a Mr Snell who later sold the business on to Jim Hendin before he in turn sold it to Frank and Barbara.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event