Music man Norman was ‘exceptional’
Praise for efforts to preserve colourful memorial.
I thoroughly applaud Councillor Andrew Moulding’s attempts to preserve the colourful memorial in Axminster to the late “Music Man”, Norman Welsh.
Norman was an exceptional Axminsteronian who entertained for many years playing his accordion on street corners, come rain or shine.
What many perhaps only realised when he was bestowed with a thoroughly well deserved MBE was that he did, in fact, raise serious monies for charity.
Locals, like Norman, who have given freely of their time for no personal reward, save the smiles of passers by, should never be forgotten.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you for the lovely photo of Norman in your December 22 edition.
- 1 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 2 East Devon showjumper on the Olympic shortlist
- 3 Deadline looms for to claim Brexit support funding
- 4 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 5 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 6 Baker's son who became one of Nelson's naval commanders
- 7 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 8 Moxey takes Gulls to the final
- 9 Afternoon of jazz and cream teas at Coldharbour Farm House
- 10 Virtual work experience programme for young people in region