Music man Norman was ‘exceptional’
Praise for efforts to preserve colourful memorial.
I thoroughly applaud Councillor Andrew Moulding’s attempts to preserve the colourful memorial in Axminster to the late “Music Man”, Norman Welsh.
Norman was an exceptional Axminsteronian who entertained for many years playing his accordion on street corners, come rain or shine.
What many perhaps only realised when he was bestowed with a thoroughly well deserved MBE was that he did, in fact, raise serious monies for charity.
Locals, like Norman, who have given freely of their time for no personal reward, save the smiles of passers by, should never be forgotten.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you for the lovely photo of Norman in your December 22 edition.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis