Music man Norman was ‘exceptional’
Praise for efforts to preserve colourful memorial.
I thoroughly applaud Councillor Andrew Moulding’s attempts to preserve the colourful memorial in Axminster to the late “Music Man”, Norman Welsh.
Norman was an exceptional Axminsteronian who entertained for many years playing his accordion on street corners, come rain or shine.
What many perhaps only realised when he was bestowed with a thoroughly well deserved MBE was that he did, in fact, raise serious monies for charity.
Locals, like Norman, who have given freely of their time for no personal reward, save the smiles of passers by, should never be forgotten.
Thank you for the lovely photo of Norman in your December 22 edition.
- 1 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 2 Tourist blamed satnav for sending him wrong way up A303 dual carriageway
- 3 New artist drawing his way around Seaton
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Repair work on flood damage begins at Axminster bowling club
- 6 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
- 7 Nine-year-old launches fundraising appeal to spruce up RD&E's kids ward
- 8 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 9 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 10 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash