Musical treat to raise money for new day hospice
- Credit: Archant
Seaton and District Lions Club to host a concert by Exmouth Town Concert Band for the East Devon Day Hospice Appeal.
A musical treat for audiences will be offered up in Seaton to raise much-needed funds for East Devon’s new day hospice.
Seaton and District Lions Club will host a fundraising concert by the Exmouth Town Concert Band on Saturday, May 3, at the resort’s town hall, in aid of Hospiscare’s East Devon Day Hospice Appeal.
Audiences can enjoy the band’s wide ranging repertoire, including recognisable music from films and musicals such as Dambusters and Titanic, and a xylophone solo. There will be something for everyone.
Hospiscare needs to raise £250,000 to build and run the state-of-the-art day hospice, which will be built in Honiton, to serve the communities of East Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth Town Concert Band is led by director of music and ex RM bandsman Steve Grant.
Band members are volunteers from the Exmouth and Exeter areas.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
Tickets cost £6 and are available from The Gateway box office at Seaton Town Hall or by calling 01297 625699.
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start. There will also be a licensed bar.
To find out more about the East Devon Day Hospice Appeal turn to Page 2.