Myrtle soldiers on for carnival
Sponsors recognised for their continued support helping Honiton Carnival to thrive.
Honiton and District Carnival has continued to attract sponsors ensuring the popular attraction continues to thrive in the town.
Carnival president Myrtle Harris, who personally approaches businesses every year to help raise prize money, hosted a special sponsors’ evening last Thursday to celebrate the generosity and support of the carnival’s sponsors.
The event, which is personally paid for by Mrs Harris, was held at the Turk’s Head Lodge and included a two course meal.
She said: “We have got some more sponsors this year but we have lost one or two. We are still soldiering on.”
You may also want to watch:
Carnival chairman Robb Sleeman thanked all the sponsors for their continued support and praised Mrs Harris for her constant efforts – rounding up sponsors every year.
He said that, with changes to carnival rules and regulations, and the cost of new licenses, the event would not be possible without the help and support of the sponsors and committee.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
Tributes were paid to Patrick Allen – a founding member of the committee and life president, who died after a long illness earlier this year.
The sponsors are: J R Layzell and Sons, Slades, Bests of Honiton, Paul Richard Motors, Honiton Garage, F J Jackson and Sons, Thomas Westcott Gillard, Midweek Herald, To-and-Fro Car and Van Hire, Martha Mockford Kitchens, Dorset Autospares, The Bed Centre, Mr and Mrs Pat Allen, Delve Electrical, The Paper Shop, East Devon Garden Care, Michael’s House of Hair, Natural Beauty by Bev, and the Hair Lounge.