National Careers Service offers free webinar
- Credit: NCS
The National Careers Service has announced that it will host a live, interactive webinar to support unemployed graduates to boost their job search, access the hidden job market and kick start their careers.
Hosted in partnership with The Association of Graduate Career Advisory Services (AGCAS), and with guest speakers including Birmingham City University, Leeds Beckett University, the University of Bristol, the Young Professionals Network and Rethink Group; the event will take place from 10am-1pm on Tuesday, January 19.
The webinar will be free to attend and will provide attendees with the opportunity to access personalised career support and interact live with a panel of expert advisers.
The webinars, which will include a live ‘Q&A’ opportunity for all attendees, will cover topics such as:
⦁ Career options, transition and what employers have identified as future skills required for the new world.
You may also want to watch:
⦁ An overview of the university careers support available to graduates.
⦁ The hidden job market.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
⦁ Becoming a young professional.
⦁ The graduate voice - recent graduates speak about how they have moved forward with their career.
People can access further information and register for the webinar online by visiting: rebrand.ly/GraduatedWhatNext.
For further support, the National Careers Service is available for free, personalised and impartial careers advice for people who need help to find learning and work that’s right for them.
The service has got more than 800 job descriptions that tell you about; the average pay for each role, the type of courses you can do to get into a job, the skills you’ll need, what you'll do each day and where the job can lead.
You can browse through different industries by job category, or search for individual job descriptions if you've got a career in mind.
This service is available to people who live in England and is supported by qualified careers advisers.
To contact the service, call the helpline on 0800 100 900, open Monday to Friday from 8am until 8pm, and Saturday from 10am until 5pm. Alternatively visit: https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk.