New �3m primary school to open at Chardstock
PUPILS will move into Chardstock s new �3 million primary school on Monday (June 8).
PUPILS will move into Chardstock's new �3 million primary school on Monday (June 8).
The new school can accommodate 120 children and replaces the old, mainly Victorian building. It is finished in a mix of stone and render.
As well as four classrooms with spectacular views over the valley and their own outdoor areas, the new school has a netball and soccer pitch with a special viewing area, a wildlife wetland and orchard and other facilities for outdoor learning including its own amphitheatre.
The classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards and the internal corridors are all naturally lit.
You may also want to watch:
There is a multi-purpose room which will accommodate the pre-school during the day, a hall, a cooking kitchen, an ICT suite, small group areas and a library.
It is intended that the school's facilities will be made available for community use.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 4 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 5 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 6 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 7 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 8 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
Headteacher Morag Kingsbury said: "It's going to be absolutely fantastic.
"These exciting new facilities will enable us to deliver 21st century learning whilst retaining our values of caring for each other.
"The children are very excited about it. It's been very exciting for me as well and a huge privilege to have been able to have an input into the design.