New �3m primary school to open at Chardstock
PUPILS will move into Chardstock s new �3 million primary school on Monday (June 8).
PUPILS will move into Chardstock's new �3 million primary school on Monday (June 8).
The new school can accommodate 120 children and replaces the old, mainly Victorian building. It is finished in a mix of stone and render.
As well as four classrooms with spectacular views over the valley and their own outdoor areas, the new school has a netball and soccer pitch with a special viewing area, a wildlife wetland and orchard and other facilities for outdoor learning including its own amphitheatre.
The classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards and the internal corridors are all naturally lit.
You may also want to watch:
There is a multi-purpose room which will accommodate the pre-school during the day, a hall, a cooking kitchen, an ICT suite, small group areas and a library.
It is intended that the school's facilities will be made available for community use.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 7 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon
Headteacher Morag Kingsbury said: "It's going to be absolutely fantastic.
"These exciting new facilities will enable us to deliver 21st century learning whilst retaining our values of caring for each other.
"The children are very excited about it. It's been very exciting for me as well and a huge privilege to have been able to have an input into the design.