New adult learning courses available this autumn in Devon
The autumn 2009 programme of adult learning courses has been announced by Devon County Council. Brochures, containing course details and locations, are being posted to homes across Devon, excluding Plymouth, Torbay and Exeter, next week
The autumn 2009 programme of adult learning courses has been announced by Devon County Council.
Brochures, containing course details and locations, are being posted to homes across Devon, excluding Plymouth, Torbay and Exeter, next week and the following week.
Brochures are also available at Devon County Council libraries, and online at www.devon.gov.uk/adultlearning
Anyone enroling on a course before 25 September will receive a �5 discount off the cost of their autumn courses.
A wide selection of courses is available. Courses include many that can benefit people in the work environment - whether it's one of the many computer related courses or a food safety course - or for people who are learning for the pleasure it brings them, such as as a digital photography course or an art course.
County Councillor Stuart Barker, Cabinet Member for Adult and Community Learning, said:
- 1 Did visit prompt Queen Victoria to choose Honiton lace for wedding dress?
- 2 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford
- 3 A site for sore eyes
- 4 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 5 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 6 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 7 Mud and obelisks for Axe Valley Runners
- 8 Candidates sought to stand as new town councillors
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
"We've got a great variety of courses available this year, from Abstract Painting to Upholstery, Spreadsheets to Digital Photography - lots for people to enjoy at the same time as learning new skills or improving old ones.
"There are also many more taster sessions where you can try out what's on offer and see whether it's for you before committing to the cost.
"I'd want to encourage people to enrol early to take advantage of the discount offer we have right now, and because the taster sessions are sure to be popular - it also ensures that your chosen course runs."
"If you haven't received the Council's new brochure by the 5 September you can request a copy by calling My Devon, the Council's customer service centre, on 0845 155 1014".
Devon County Council's adult learning courses are available across the county, with the exception of Plymouth, Torbay and Exeter, where courses are available from other providers.