New adult learning courses available this autumn in Devon
The autumn 2009 programme of adult learning courses has been announced by Devon County Council. Brochures, containing course details and locations, are being posted to homes across Devon, excluding Plymouth, Torbay and Exeter, next week
The autumn 2009 programme of adult learning courses has been announced by Devon County Council.
Brochures, containing course details and locations, are being posted to homes across Devon, excluding Plymouth, Torbay and Exeter, next week and the following week.
Brochures are also available at Devon County Council libraries, and online at www.devon.gov.uk/adultlearning
Anyone enroling on a course before 25 September will receive a �5 discount off the cost of their autumn courses.
A wide selection of courses is available. Courses include many that can benefit people in the work environment - whether it's one of the many computer related courses or a food safety course - or for people who are learning for the pleasure it brings them, such as as a digital photography course or an art course.
County Councillor Stuart Barker, Cabinet Member for Adult and Community Learning, said:
- 1 Gittsham motorist 'so drunk he had to be carried out of car'
- 2 Towns join forces to promote green tourism
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 5 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 6 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 7 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 8 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 9 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 10 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
"We've got a great variety of courses available this year, from Abstract Painting to Upholstery, Spreadsheets to Digital Photography - lots for people to enjoy at the same time as learning new skills or improving old ones.
"There are also many more taster sessions where you can try out what's on offer and see whether it's for you before committing to the cost.
"I'd want to encourage people to enrol early to take advantage of the discount offer we have right now, and because the taster sessions are sure to be popular - it also ensures that your chosen course runs."
"If you haven't received the Council's new brochure by the 5 September you can request a copy by calling My Devon, the Council's customer service centre, on 0845 155 1014".
Devon County Council's adult learning courses are available across the county, with the exception of Plymouth, Torbay and Exeter, where courses are available from other providers.