New award to recognise Devon exporters
A new award will honour Devon-based businesses that are leading the economic recovery by selling UK products and services abroad.
The Outstanding Export Award will recognise manufacturing businesses that are exploiting new markets and winning new businesses world-wide.
Jeegar Kakkad, an EEF senior economist,said: “Manufacturers are making the most of a weak British pound in overseas markets, thus achieving a surge in export opportunities.
“It’s time for us to acknowledge manufacturers’ initiative, investment and innovation towards advancing our export opportunities to help drive the UK’s economic recovery.”
Susan Haird, acting chief executive of UK Trade and Investment, added: “Manufacturers are leading the exporting renaissance this country is experiencing.
You may also want to watch:
“Companies that export grow faster, become more resilient to downturns and become more profitable. This award will celebrate and recognise those companies and I hope inspire others to win business abroad.”
Awards winners will be announced in five UK regions across England and Wales during November, culminating in a national award for the UK’s most outstanding export manufacturer in January 2012.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis