New Axminster website goes live
- Credit: Archant
Chamber of Commerce launches www.axminster.org which features a free business and organisations’ directory
A new community website for Axminster went live today (Tuesday) – the latest initiative from the town’s revitalised Chamber of Commerce.
Axminster.org has been developed by Anna D’Silva-Williams of local Web designers DW Internet.
It aims to provide easy access to essential information about the town, its history and heritage, plus travel and tourism opportunities.
It will also feature news and events from the area along with information on the Chamber, including the features and benefits of membership. Local organisations and businesses will also have the opportunity to enter their details on a free Business/Organization directory.
You may also want to watch:
Chamber chairman Lisa Lyman said they had secured a £500 grant from Business Information Point to revamp their web presence and as this did not cover the entire cost they were extremely grateful to DW Internet for providing the site at well below the market price.
She said: “The website has a modern, simple and stylish layout incorporating the latest social media feeds, and will help promote Axminster, its businesses and attractions whilst creating an engaging social experience.”
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 9 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
Anna D’Silva-Williams said: “The Axminster Directory is a business and organisation directory for locals and visitors alike. It will enable us all to discover the best of what we have right here amongst us, and it is growing every day as more and more people find out about it.”