New belts for Seaton Shotokan karate students
- Credit: Archant
Grading success for Seaton Martial Arts Centre pair
Two Shotokan karate students who train with Sensei Jim Harvey at Seaton Martial Arts Centre have gained higher kyu gradings and new belt.
They recently attended a grading session at The Karate Academy in Newton Abbot.
The successful candidates were Elliot Speer - Yellow belt, 7th kyu - and Daisy Graysmark - Brown/White belt, 2nd kyu.
A beginner in Karate starts as a white belt 10th kyu, and with training and proficiency will be awarded various coloured belts and a higher rank through to 1st kyu.
You may also want to watch:
The kyu grades are like an apprenticeship, and are followed by Black belt Dan grades of which there are also ten.
Sensei Jim Harvey a 3rd Dan said the Seaton classes cater for a full range of ages and abilities, all aiming to improve and have fun in the process.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
For more information about karate training at Seaton Martial Arts Centre call him on 07867 818667