New chamber chairman on recruitment drive
Businesses need a strong collective voice, says Colin Wright
THE newly-elected chairman of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry has launched a recruitment drive for new members.
Colin Wright hopes an influx of fresh blood will give the town’s business community a stronger voice on issues that matter.
“It is an opportunity for businesses to have a collective voice on major issues, such as the impending increase in VAT to 20 per cent,” he told the Midweek Herald.
The chamber is offering new members a six month trial membership for �15. Membership forms are available from Margaret Lewis, the chamber’s secretary, at Allhallows Museum, but Mr Wright hopes the chamber will be able to reach out and attract business owners in neighbouring villages.
You may also want to watch:
“We are working more closely with Honiton Town Council. We have got more say in the town than we have had in the past,” he said.
“We have also got a voice on the larger Association of East Devon Chambers and are represented on Honiton Marketing Committee.”
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 8 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
The chamber monitors facilities for shoppers in the town, including issues surrounding parking.
It works hard to support the Tourist Information Centre and is responsible for the erection of flags in High Street.
A quarterly newsletter and town guide are produced by the chamber.
Further information and membership forms can be requested by email - firstname.lastname@example.org