New chamber chairman on recruitment drive
Businesses need a strong collective voice, says Colin Wright
THE newly-elected chairman of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry has launched a recruitment drive for new members.
Colin Wright hopes an influx of fresh blood will give the town’s business community a stronger voice on issues that matter.
“It is an opportunity for businesses to have a collective voice on major issues, such as the impending increase in VAT to 20 per cent,” he told the Midweek Herald.
The chamber is offering new members a six month trial membership for �15. Membership forms are available from Margaret Lewis, the chamber’s secretary, at Allhallows Museum, but Mr Wright hopes the chamber will be able to reach out and attract business owners in neighbouring villages.
You may also want to watch:
“We are working more closely with Honiton Town Council. We have got more say in the town than we have had in the past,” he said.
“We have also got a voice on the larger Association of East Devon Chambers and are represented on Honiton Marketing Committee.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
The chamber monitors facilities for shoppers in the town, including issues surrounding parking.
It works hard to support the Tourist Information Centre and is responsible for the erection of flags in High Street.
A quarterly newsletter and town guide are produced by the chamber.
Further information and membership forms can be requested by email - firstname.lastname@example.org