New councillor needed
Honiton Town Council invite applications to fill vacancy.
A new councillor is needed to fill a vacancy on Honiton Town Council to serve the St Paul’s ward.
The town council is inviting applications from candidates following the recent resignation of Marianne Harman.
The period for the receipt of notices requiring an election to fill the vacancy has expired and no notice was received so an election will not be held.
Instead, the new councillor will be co-opted onto the town council.
You may also want to watch:
Applications must be sent to the town clerk by noon on Monday, September 30, and need to include a letter explaining the applicants reasons for wishing to become a councillor and a brief CV.
Applicants will then be invited to attend a meeting of the town council on October 14.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
For more information call Honiton Town Council on 01404 42957.