New drive to bring investment and jobs to Devon
Campaign launched to highlight the counties economic diversity.
A DUNKESWELL-based company has joined a new campaign to encourage businesses to relocate to Devon.
Supacat is one of the businesses that will feature in Devon County Council’s new initiative and will help demonstrate the county’s economic diversity.
The five-month campaign, aimed at key business leaders in UK companies using targeted internet advertising, is being developed and run by Devon County Council.
It will highlight Devon’s ability to host innovative businesses in contrast to its traditional image as a centre for tourism and farming.
You may also want to watch:
Devon’s cabinet member for economy, enterprise and employment, Will Mumford, said: “Business growth is really important for Devon’s economy.
“We want to encourage the right businesses to locate to Devon and help to create higher skilled and better paid jobs for local people.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
“This is an innovative, web-based campaign that will put Devon in the shop window as an ideal business destination and encourage firms to re-locate or start up here.
“And it will challenge the traditional view of Devon by demonstrating the range, depth and breadth of companies that are already operating highly successfully in the county.
“We are very grateful to all the companies that have agreed to take part in this campaign and their participation demonstrates the cooperation and partnership that already exists.”
He added: “There are so many positive developments taking place in Devon with the introduction of superfast broadband to our rural areas, the creation of Exeter Science Park and Skypark in East Devon and, hopefully, the go ahead for the South Devon link road.
“We want to ensure business leaders in the rest of the country know about them and take those factors into account - as well as the fabulous environment and lifestyle that Devon offers - when they consider relocating their companies.”
“In essence, we will be telling decision-makers how much better business is in Devon.”
For more information visit www.investdevon.co.uk