New drive to bring investment and jobs to Devon
Campaign launched to highlight the counties economic diversity.
A DUNKESWELL-based company has joined a new campaign to encourage businesses to relocate to Devon.
Supacat is one of the businesses that will feature in Devon County Council’s new initiative and will help demonstrate the county’s economic diversity.
The five-month campaign, aimed at key business leaders in UK companies using targeted internet advertising, is being developed and run by Devon County Council.
It will highlight Devon’s ability to host innovative businesses in contrast to its traditional image as a centre for tourism and farming.
Devon’s cabinet member for economy, enterprise and employment, Will Mumford, said: “Business growth is really important for Devon’s economy.
“We want to encourage the right businesses to locate to Devon and help to create higher skilled and better paid jobs for local people.
- 1 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 2 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 3 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 5 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
- 6 Police investigate assault at Axe Vale Show
- 7 Dorset folk dou performing in Colyton next month
- 8 Chilcotts youngest auctioneer to feature in BBC show
- 9 Ofwat launch enforcement case against South West Water
- 10 East Devon pensioner given suspended jail for groping teenager
“This is an innovative, web-based campaign that will put Devon in the shop window as an ideal business destination and encourage firms to re-locate or start up here.
“And it will challenge the traditional view of Devon by demonstrating the range, depth and breadth of companies that are already operating highly successfully in the county.
“We are very grateful to all the companies that have agreed to take part in this campaign and their participation demonstrates the cooperation and partnership that already exists.”
He added: “There are so many positive developments taking place in Devon with the introduction of superfast broadband to our rural areas, the creation of Exeter Science Park and Skypark in East Devon and, hopefully, the go ahead for the South Devon link road.
“We want to ensure business leaders in the rest of the country know about them and take those factors into account - as well as the fabulous environment and lifestyle that Devon offers - when they consider relocating their companies.”
“In essence, we will be telling decision-makers how much better business is in Devon.”
For more information visit www.investdevon.co.uk