New era for Honiton nursery
Angels opens as Guardian Angels closes.
It was the end of an era and the beginning of a new one in Honiton last week when a day care nursery closed and almost immediately re-opened.
Although Guardian Angels, based in the Catholic church hall, ceased trading, its managers, Emma Chudley and Tracey Perry, revealed they are to continue to provide the same service from the premises - as Angels Daycare Limited.
The new business was launched on Monday.
Eileen Sexton, who founded the nursery in 1989 with four two-year-olds, says she is pleased that part of the name will continue.
You may also want to watch:
“I set Guardian Angels up to serve the community of Honiton.
“It was needed so much by working mums,” she told the Midweek Herald.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
“Night after night I could not sleep, wondering what to call the nursery - hence Guardian Angels came to mind.
“I am so pleased that Tracey and Emma have kept the name Angels.
“This means a lot to me.
“I wish them all the very best - keep up the good work!”
Mrs Sexton retired after 11 years at the age of 63 and her daughter, Jackie Pinn, took over the business.
In 2005, the nursery moved from Mountbatten Park to the church hall.
Jackie said: “This proved to be a positive move, with two safe, outside play areas and a fresh new hall.
“At one stage, we had over 50 children on the register and our yearly Christmas concerts were well-known and supported in the town.”
She echoed her mum’s good wishes for the new business, Angels Daycare Limited, saying: “Full-time day care is still very much available in Honiton.”
For further information about Angels Daycare Limited call 07813002736.