New fitness centre shows Seaton’s in great shape
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 people have already signed up at the gym
Booming Seaton has added a state-of-the-art fitness centre to its growing list of attractions.
In partnership with Axminster Tools and Machinery, LED Leisure is offering residents and visitors a gym facility and exercise studio on the site of the former town centre Grove nightlcub.
The gym was given a VIP launch yesterday (Monday December 5) but opened to the public more than a week ago and already has more than 300 members.
The multi-million-pound Grove redevelopment scheme was financed through Axminster Tools and Machinery’s pension fund, which sees local sports provision as a good investment for its members’ money.
You may also want to watch:
Amongst those at the opening ceremony was the company’s chief Ian Stiles who helped to cut a ribbon along with LED chief executive Peter Gilpin and its chairman Nigel Halford.
Mr Gilpin said the state-of-the-art facility with its high-tech innovations, had already attracted a great deal of attention.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
“We have had well over the expected level of members even before the tradtional post-Christmas rush to the gym – we are really delighted,” he told the Herald.
The 5,000sqft gym includes cardio-vascular, strength and conditioning, resistance and functional training areas.
LED’s area manager Marcus Allen said: “We’re very excited about this new addition to the LED portfolio.
“It is a great opportunity for us and we are thankful for the partnership with Axminster Tools and Machinery.
“With the opening of the fantastic new Jurassic Centre and the proposed developments within the town, it is an exciting time to be involved in Seaton.”