New footbridge is installed at Axminster railway station
AN OVERNIGHT operation saw the new footbridge at Axminster railway station installed. Contractors working on the re-doubling of the line brought in a 200-tonne crane to lift the structure into position.
AN OVERNIGHT operation saw the new footbridge at Axminster railway station installed.
Contractors working on the re-doubling of the line brought in a 200-tonne crane to lift the structure into position.
The different sections were brought to the site by lorry and two small sections lifted into place late on Wednesday night.
The main bridge section was then installed at around 3am, on Thursday, October 15.
You may also want to watch:
The footbridge will also allow people in wheelchairs to cross to the new second platform, with lifts installed at both ends.
Work is continuing on the project to lay a three-mile passing loop, which is due to be completed in early December.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 8 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 9 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
It will allow South West Trains to provide an hourly service between Exeter and London Waterloo, although they will no longer run services west of Exeter.