New footbridge is installed at Axminster railway station
AN OVERNIGHT operation saw the new footbridge at Axminster railway station installed. Contractors working on the re-doubling of the line brought in a 200-tonne crane to lift the structure into position.
AN OVERNIGHT operation saw the new footbridge at Axminster railway station installed.
Contractors working on the re-doubling of the line brought in a 200-tonne crane to lift the structure into position.
The different sections were brought to the site by lorry and two small sections lifted into place late on Wednesday night.
The main bridge section was then installed at around 3am, on Thursday, October 15.
You may also want to watch:
The footbridge will also allow people in wheelchairs to cross to the new second platform, with lifts installed at both ends.
Work is continuing on the project to lay a three-mile passing loop, which is due to be completed in early December.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 5 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 6 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 7 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 8 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 9 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 10 The importance of renewable energy
It will allow South West Trains to provide an hourly service between Exeter and London Waterloo, although they will no longer run services west of Exeter.