New footbridge is installed at Axminster railway station
AN OVERNIGHT operation saw the new footbridge at Axminster railway station installed. Contractors working on the re-doubling of the line brought in a 200-tonne crane to lift the structure into position.
AN OVERNIGHT operation saw the new footbridge at Axminster railway station installed.
Contractors working on the re-doubling of the line brought in a 200-tonne crane to lift the structure into position.
The different sections were brought to the site by lorry and two small sections lifted into place late on Wednesday night.
The main bridge section was then installed at around 3am, on Thursday, October 15.
You may also want to watch:
The footbridge will also allow people in wheelchairs to cross to the new second platform, with lifts installed at both ends.
Work is continuing on the project to lay a three-mile passing loop, which is due to be completed in early December.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
It will allow South West Trains to provide an hourly service between Exeter and London Waterloo, although they will no longer run services west of Exeter.